How It Works
Courses can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection. Materials are available at any time of the day or night. An online Course Discussion Forum is a unique feature of each Instructor-Led course.
All the courses you are registered for or have taken will be linked to your personal RSU Works account and may be accessed via the My Training page. You may come back to it at any time to review your records or to work through your course.
How To Get Started
- Browse the Course Catalog to find, read about, and register for courses.
- Choose the department and course title you are interested in and select the Enroll Now button.
- For most courses, you will need an RSU Works account before you can register.
- You will enter your e-mail and choose a password that will grant you access to the classroom.
- Follow the instructions to enroll and pay for your course.
- When your course starts, return to our Online Instruction Center and click the Classroom link.
- To begin your studies, simply log in with your e-mail and password.
If you have a question at any time, please call us at (918) 343 – 7777.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do online courses work?
An online course brings the classroom direct to you through your home or work computer. Class sessions, course materials, exercises, and even field trips are accessible any time and any day convenient to you. All of your coursework, including discussions, group work, and writing assignments, is done electronically. You simply log into your course through a web browser, and you’re in class.
Are online courses self-paced?
No, most are not. Depending on the instructor, you will have assignments that require you to communicate with other students just as you would in a face-to-face course. Most online courses require you to adhere to due dates for assignments, quizzes, tests, etc. If you register for an online course, expect to finish the course on the instructor’s timeline, not yours.
Do all online courses look and work the same?
No. Instructors have complete control over the design and organization of their courses. Just as instructors individualize face-to-face courses, they tend to do the same for online courses. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the course early in the semester in order to become comfortable with navigating to important materials. Also keep in mind that most instructors are not online all day and might not reply to your questions right away. Check the syllabus to see if your instructor details his or her response policy.
Will I ever have to physically report to a location for class?
Well, that depends. Some of our career certification programs require “hands-on” field work or provide for an internship. If this is required, it will be explained in the course details.
Can I take this training on a cellphone or iPad?
Users can access the Learn Center from an iPad or cell phone; however, the training program or course may not be accessible if the device does not support the necessary software to view the content. For example, iPad does not support Flash, if the course you are taking requires Flash then you will not be able to view the content.
How do I register for an online course?
Register online now.
For further assistance:
- Email RSU Works to create a help ticket (email@example.com)
- Include your name, contact information, and a brief description of the problem.
- All help tickets will be responded to within 24 hours.